Care Home Funding Advocates offers a perfect fusion of professional excellence with compassion and care.
Continuing Healthcare Funding and the National Framework is a complex arena. You may be reading this because you, a member of your family or somebody you know has recently been turned down for Continuing Healthcare (CHC) funding and you are seeking independent advice and support.
It may be the case that an assessment is due to be carried out and you don’t feel confident that you are appropriately equipped to support the meeting on behalf of your loved one.
Don’t wait to be turned down – ensure the right decision is reached the first time around!
We know that it is far better the achieve a positive outcome in the first instance as opposed to having to dispute or appeal a previous decision.
We have been extremely successful in making sure that assessment are carried out as the National Framework requires them to be.
Having a Clinical professional at your side supporting family during the assessment process is critical to ensure the right decision is reached.
Care Home Funding Advocates is the organisation to support you
- We offer a unique service designed to support the individual.
- We have specialist knowledge of the process and this enables us to support individuals and family through the process.
- We offer a dedicated professional advocate who will support you throughout the process, you will never be just another case number.
- An easy to understand, plain English explanation of the process and what makes a person eligible.
- An individual service tailored to your specific case.
- We advocate for our clients including those on a Local Authority contract.
- On-going support for the next 12 months
Care Home Funding Advocates
Will support or guide you through the process when the Primary Care Trust (PCT) now known as Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s) carries out CHC Assessments.
We ensure that you receive the very best level of service by focusing on care needs whilst offering as much or as little support, depending on requirements, or wishes.
We advocate the individual’s rights, offering support to exercise those rights.
We work in partnership with our clients and their families.
We can support individuals irrespective of what the stage of the assessment process they are at and in many cases continue offering support at subsequent reviews.
Your dedicated Advocate will support you, the individual or family with:
- Initial Assessments
- Help facilitate discharge
- Review of recent or historic assessments
- Disputes of assessment outcomes
- Monitor care
- If the individual is not eligible we will signpost to other support services, assist with choosing packages of care.
We have a team of clinicians that are skilled in the use of the tools and can:
- Review assessments and offer an opinion on the outcome
- Assess individuals at home or in Care Homes
- If appropriate prepare a report to challenge the CCG’s decision
- Support Local Authority in clinical reviews
- Developed through personal experience
- Clinicians previously employed CHC CCG Departments,
- CHC Assessors
- Professional CHC Advocates
Our advocates are trained in the National Framework and have a wealth of experience supported by highly experienced nurses who are fluent in the National Framework for Continuing Healthcare and associated documents.
Through our tried and tested process our Advocate builds up a true and accurate picture, based on clinical evidence and third party records. Using a methodical approach, we take into account all the relevant information and ensure the National Framework is correctly applied during assessments, resulting in the most appropriate outcome.
We are also able to offer a number of other services.
Additionally we can reclaim Care Home fees if appropriate.
To find out what other services we can offer please visit our services page